Holiday Gifts for the Women in your life
Need a gift idea for a mother, girlfriend, teacher, or for yourself when your partner asks and you just draw a BLANK? Well, these are some ideas that we adore, and hope you do too.
Jewelry is so personal that we try not to feature it as ideas. Also, if we were to feature everything we like, our website would be overrun by jewelry ideas, I suspect. But we’re making an exception this time. I love this trinket necklace because it’s like wearing a charm bracelet around your neck.
Herb Savor Pod
I hate buying a packet of basil only to have it go bad by the second time I try to use it. This dandy kitchen gadget prolongs the life of fresh herbs for up to 3 weeks since you’re submerging the stems in water and then refrigerating them. The idea is so obvious, and yet…. Love it and perfect for the weekly– not daily– cook.
Touch Screen Gloves
When my sister-in-law showed me her touch-sensitive gloves tonight, I squeed with delight. The thumbs and index fingers are layered with a material allowing you to use your touchscreen gadgets (like the iPhone) without having to take off your gloves. Since most of this country is facing a cold front this week, it’s particularly timely.
Penguin Clothbound Classics
When these cloth-covered classics were introduced by publisher Penguin last year I went on a mission to try to find them. But alas they were only available in the UK. But now, they’re easy to find. I honestly believe this is the gift of the year, so make sure you’re the one gifting it.
More Gift Guides!
– Gift Ideas for the New Mom
– The Advice Smackdown Holiday Beauty Gift Guide
– Best Holiday Hostess Gifts 2008
– Unique Hostess Gifts (2007)
– Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
– Holiday-Themed Gifts (2009)
– Holiday-Themed Gifts for Kids (2008)
– Great Stocking Stuffer Ideas (2008)
– The Advice Smackdown Holiday Baby Gift Guide
– The Advice Smackdown Holiday Preschooler Gift Guide
– Gifts for School-Aged Kids (2008)
– Gifts for Young Kids: our favorites (2008)
– Father’s Day Gift Ideas