Shooting Star Kids’ Halloween Costume (Easy Cardboard DIY)
In keeping with our other out-of-this-world Halloween costumes we handmade this year– like the space alien— we created a Shooting Star Halloween costume. This cardboard costume is super easy to make and will add extra sparkle to any Halloween event or outing.
Supplies needed to make a Shooting Star Halloween Costume:
- one large piece of cardboard (a 2-3 foot square will do)
- a box-cutter or exacto knife (for responsible adults to use)
- self-healing mat or board to cut on
- gold spray paint (use outside in a well-ventilated area)
- fine gold glitter
- foil fringe curtain (left over from New Year’s decorations work great!)
How to make a Shooting Star Halloween Costume:
- cut out your star with a circle in the middle for a head-hole. As you can see I don’t aim for perfection but you could
- spray paint your star yellow in a well-ventilated outdoor space (both sides with drying time in between)
- sprinkle glitter dust all over star while the paint is still wet
- Wear with glitter curtain as a cape (tape to shoulders, trim to height to avoid tripping)
And of course, wear extra sparkly gold kid-friendly make-up. That’s the best part! Gold eyelashes even work.
Get your sparkle on for some Halloween trick-or-treating fun!
More Halloween costumes made from cardboard at Alpha Mom: