Last-Minute Kids’ Owl Costume
By Ellen Baker
Still looking for a Halloween costume for your kiddo? Here’s an easy way to turn a t-shirt into an owl costume in a couple of hours.
If you don’t have a sewing machine, you can simply glue the fabric feathers onto the costume with permanent fabric glue found at your local sewing shop or craft supply store. You can cut up old t-shirts or other old clothing for the feathers. So just cut and glue. Easy, right? I think this would also work pretty well for a wild thing costume.
Supplies for an owl costume:
-dark colored tee
-fabric scraps (50-60 feathers)
-thread and sewing machine (or permanent fabric glue)
How to make an owl costume:
1. Cut out the feathers from fabric scraps using the template below.
2. Begin pinning and sewing in rows from the bottom (or just line them up and glue).
3. Continue until you reach the top and then form a circle around the neckline.
4. Print out the owl mask and cut it out. With a craft knife, cut out the center eye holes.
5. Attach the mask to the sunglasses with tape. Hoot!
Click here to download the template for mask and feathers: Download file
Check Out More DIY Costume Ideas Here:
- DIY Pharaoh’s Mummy Costume for Halloween
- Kids’ French-Inspired Halloween Costumes
- No-Sew Jellyfish Costume (Under-the-Sea Theme)
Published October 29, 2009. Last updated October 22, 2018.