Mermaid Party Invitations DIY
This is the next installment of our Mermaid Party series. Here’s the mermaid-themed invitation we made and a free printable version for you to download, print and share with your guests if you’re throwing your own party. Come back this week to see the rest of the posts in our Mermaid-themed Party series.
Does anything get guests more excited to attend a themed party than a creative invitation? I think not. This year I thought we’d take our invitations “outside the envelope” and hand-deliver them in a “bubble,” inspired by under-the-sea bubbles.
How to make your own Mermaid “Bubble” Party Invitations
1) First you’ll need clear pop-apart ornament balls to create your “bubble.” We ordered these 4.5-inch ones but you could go smaller. In fact, we created a smaller printable for you if that one is just too big. Personally, we liked them big so we could stuff them with lots of extra fun fillings: plastic crabs and shells and little bits of sea glass… anything fun like that!
2) You can create your own mermaid invitation or download and print out our free ones, here:
or the smaller version here:
3) We wrote in the guest of honor’s name, party date and time on the front and added directions (i.e.: the pool address and a note to not forget swimsuits!) to the back.
4) We popped everything inside with some crinkle paper packaging to keep the paper upright.
5) Then we tied our “bubble” shut with a pretty bow and hand-delivered them to our party guests.
Of course, you could always skip the fancy bubble and mail these invitations in an envelope, if you’re short on funds or time (or just are a minimalist). I’m confident your guests will love receiving an invite to your Mermaid Party!
Published August 23, 2017. Last updated December 22, 2017.