Visit a Unique Museum with your Kids
We’ve been checking in with one of our most inspirational mama writers on the web, Josyln of Simple Lovely. And, looky here, since she’s been on her shopping hiatus, Joslyn’s been getting extra creative on her weekend outings. Lucky us! That means more inspiration.
Josyln and her daughters recently went on a pilgrimage to the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame in Ft. Worth, Texas. Which got us thinking….
What a great activity! That is, to visit unique, interesting or offbeat museums not too far from your home.
Here’s a list of some other unusual museums to visit. Please do contribute your own museum suggestions in the comments section and include the city in which the museum resides. Thanks!
Interesting,Unique, and Unusual Museums
* The Country Doctor Museum (Bailey, N.C.)
* Dr. Seuss National Memorial Sculpture Garden (Springfield, MA)
* Laumeier Sculpture Park Museum (St. Louis, MO)
* Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum (Walnut Grove, MN)
* Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory (Louisville, KY)
* International Spy Museum ( Washington D.C)
* Marvin’s Marvelous Mechanical Museum (Detroit, MI)
* Matchstick Models Museum (Gladbrook, IA)
* Mister Ed’s Elephant Museum (Orrtanna, PA)
* Musee Mecanique of San Francisco (mechanically operated musical instruments and antique arcade machines)
* Museum of Pez Memorabilia (Burlingame, CA)
* Presidential Pet Museum (Williamsburg, VA)
* Center of Puppetry Arts (Atlanta, GA)
* Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Museum (Cleveland, OH)
* National Museum of Roller Skating (Lincoln, NE)
* Salem Witch Museum (Salem, MA)
* Toy & Miniature Museum of Kansas City
* Seashore Trolley Museum (Kennebunkport, ME)
Discover More Places to Visit with Kids:
- Visiting Chicago with Tweens and Teens
- Studio Tour of the Making of Harry Potter in London
- Disneyland: Things to do with Kids
Published February 18, 2009.
Last updated September 27, 2018.