Take a Factory Tour for Kids
It’s no secret that Design Mom is one of our mama heroes.
Last year she took her family of five kids on a day trip to visit The Crayola Factory in eastern Pennsylvania.
What a fabulous idea!
Kids are always how is this or that made? Whereas it is wonderful to keep some things a secret, it is also awesome to know that factories that make really cool stuff are open to the public.
Other interesting Factory Tours for Kids:
1. Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Factory (San Francisco, CA)
2. Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream Factory (Waterbury, Vermont)
3. Cape Cod Potato Chips Factory (Hyannis, MA)
4. Tom’s of Maine Factory (Kennebunk, ME)
5. Vermont Teddy Bear Factory (Shelburne, Vermont)
6. U.S. Bureau of Engraving and Printing where they print cold hard cash (Washington DC & Fort Worth, TX)
7. Hershey’s Chocolate Factory (Hershey, PA)
If you can’t make it just yet to these factories and your kids just gotta know how to make deodorant, most of these companies have online factory tours. Also, check out this great go-to page on PBS Kids with videos direct from fun factories.
Also, what do you think? Have you visited an oh-so-awesome factory that you want to recommend? Spill it.
More Fun Things to do With Kids:
Photo by laffy4kPublished February 24, 2009. Last updated September 27, 2018.