Valentine’s Day Cards from Cupid
I know Valentine’s Day is still a few weeks away, but they always seem to take forever at our house, so better to start early. Here’s a quick and simple printable card that your children can assemble on their own with just a few materials. Perfect for elementary kids who go through many, many pencils. And the pencils are a good alternative to candy.
- card stock
- hole punch
- pipe cleaners (1 per card)
Instructions for making cards:
- Click here to download the card template and print it on card stock.
- Cut out each heart.
- Cut a pipe cleaner in half and twist one piece onto the end of the pencil. Repeat with the other pipe cleaner piece. to form the end of the “arrow”.
- With the hole punch, make a hole in the lower left and upper right corners of the heart. Now would be a good time to have your child sign his or her name to the back of the card.
- Poke the pencil through the front of the card, then bend the card until you can bring the pencil back out the second hole. Slide the card down until it’s around the center of the pencil.
All done! It should be noted that sharp pencils may not be appropriate for younger kids, but you could always use unsharpened pencils. And unfortunately there are quite a few songs about arrows, hearts and Cupid. Hopefully you won’t get any of them stuck in your head all day like I did. Sorry, maybe you will.