Great Halloween Books for all ages
Halloween is more than just about candy. There are great books out there too. Here are some of our favorites for all age groups.
Infants and Toddlers
Scratch and Sniff Halloween is just right to get your young ones’ senses ready for the overstimulation, errr, we mean fun of Halloween.
Parents love the Berenstain Bears because they seem to have every dilemma covered in their books. Their stories do the lecturing, so that parents don’t have to. Children are delighted nevertheless. For Halloween, there are several options, we love The Berenstain Bears Go on a Ghost Walk the best.
Kindergarten and Young School-Aged Children
Charlie and Lola are a loving brother and sister pair who are always stylishly dressed and teach us cute phrases from England. For example, they say Snakes & Ladders instead of Chutes & Ladders and drink Pink Milk. We love them dearly and hope they never grow up. And, lucky for us they celebrate Halloween with Boo! Made You Jump.
Older School-Aged Children
Roald Dahl is one of the most influential authors of our time having written James and Giant Peach AND Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. As such, we think October would be the perfect month to introduce The Witches to your 9-to-12 year old.
More Great Halloween Books.
– Celebrating Halloween Traditions: Boo
– Great Halloween Crafts
– The Best Halloween Cupcakes
– How To Take Great Halloween Photos
– What not to wear this Halloween
– More DIY Costumes (2007)
– Our Favorite Halloween Costumes for 2007
– Best Halloween Children’s Costumes 2006
– Best DIY ideas for Halloween costumes (from 2006)
– Best Halloween Trick or Treating Bags, Masks and Costumes
– Best Halloween Cookies & Crafts
Published October 6, 2008.
Last updated August 21, 2013.