Skeleton Costume with Face Mask DIY
Even though Halloween trick-or-treating during COVID will be different this year, we do know that the CDC has recommended that children make face masks a part of their Halloween costumes. So, we took that recommendation and did just that! (Please do click through the link to read the CDC guidelines on how to try to keep safe while trick-or-treating during COVID.)
Here we make an easy- and quick-to-make Skeleton Costume for Halloween.
Supplies needed to make a Skeleton Costume:
- one black pre-washed black cloth face mask
- skeleton pajamas (or a plain black t-shirt to which you can add felt bones shapes)
- three pieces of 8×10 white felt (natural or synthetic craft felt)
- hot glue gun OR white embroidery floss and a needle
How to make a Skeleton Costume with a face mask:
There are two ways you can make this costume:
1) you can cut out your felt pieces and glue them on with hot glue, OR
2) you can be like us and sew them on. Sewing will last longer and looks better but it also requires some patience. Just binge-watch a season of Schitt’s Creek and it will go by in no time.
Download a printable for bone shapes below. We made a super easy version for you below. It’s not anatomically correct but it gets the job done. Just download, print, and cut:
Happy Halloween! Remember to stay extra safe and follow the CDC’s safety guidelines.
Find more homemade Halloween Costumes ideas from Alpha Mom:
Photography by Maria Changsek.