DIY Father’s Day Gift for Your Superhero
By Jordan Ferney of Oh Happy Day!
It may seem like a good superhero is hard to come by these days. For Father’s Day this year show appreciation for your real-life hero by gathering his favorite treats and put together a box of supplies from your own newly-created Super Hero Supply Company. Don’t worry, we’ve made it easy for you. Below are all the labels you need to put together a great care package. You just need to print, grab some glue and scissors and you’re set. The bonus is that this is a great project for kids to help out.
Supplies for Superhero Treat Box
* Wooden Photo Box (found at a craft store)
* Various Glassine and Cellophane Bags (found at a craft store)
* Your Super Heroes Favorite Treats -the labels (provided below) are pretty generic so you can rotate in his preferred flavor.
* Downloadable PDFs (provided below)
* Either Adhesive Paper OR Glue (we like Elmer’s Repositionable Mounting Spray)
Step 1. Buy Dad’s favorite foods. We used Gourmet Rootbeer, Jerky, a King-Sized candy bar, and various munchies that we transferred to baggies.
Step 3. Cut out the label shapes.
Step 4. Transfer the treats to the Cellophane and Glassine bags. Adhere labels to each item.
Step 5. Tuck them all in the wood box, put on the address label and surprise dad on Father’s Day morning so he can have the energy to fight tantrums and continue saving the world one meltdown at a time.