Fight the Frump Report: Week One
So I was about halfway through a regular old Smackdown Q&A, cheerfully bossing someone around about their personal grooming habits, when it hit me that it’s already been a week since I posted this. The Laura Bennett Challenge. Fight the Frump. And so forth.
So I owe you an update.
Well, the short version is that Frump is the new Black, and Amalah is the new Miserable Failure.
But…um…I totally have a doctor’s note! We’ve been super sick around these parts lately, what with molars (Noah), colds (Noah & me), back spasms (Jason) and a series of mysterious stomach ailments (me, except for that one time Noah threw up on Jason). So hanging out all day in pyjamas? Sounds pretty dang good.
But like a lot of things, it really is better in theory than in practice. Especially when the UPS guys rings the doorbell around 2 pm and good lord, you’re still a greasy, bathrobey mess.
THE FEW LONE ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF THE WEEK:
1) Shaved my legs on more than one occasion. (Points deducted for only going to the knee, but still.)
2) Left the house three times! (Points deducted for wearing blah jeans and sneakers every time, but still.)
3) Applied makeup. (Points deducted for only doing it on the weekend when Jason was home, but still. I did eyeshadow shading!)
4) Dug out the nail polish remover with every intention of redoing my pedicure. (Major points deducted because I…didn’t actually do it, but still.)
5) Purchased new clothing for myself with a minimum amount of guilt. (Points deducted because Jason is actually the one who did the purchasing while I kept insisting that I didn’t need anything, and also because he bought me skinny jeans AND LEGGINGS and has thrown me into sartorial chaos because OMG, they are cute.)
SO. I am going to try again this week. Same deal: up and out of bed, shower, makeup, whatever it takes to look like someone who gives a crap about how she looks again.
(Oh my. This needs to change)
ADDENDUMS & NEW RESOLUTIONS:
1) I will remind myself that an extra half hour of lying in bed awake has less of an impact on the rest of my day than getting up and showered before Noah wakes up would.
2) I will wear other items of clothing besides jeans and sneakers, because there is no reason I can’t wear them around the house or for running errands. If a slob falls in the forest and and all that.
3) If my shirt gets stained with snot or drool or applesauce or whatever, I WILL CHANGE IT.
4) I will paint my toenails.
5) I will make a hair appointment for myself.
How did the rest of you do? Any successes? Any particularly humorous failures?