10 Ideas to Keep Your Little Kids Playing for Hours
Here are a few ideas for activities to jump-start your child’s creativity while they’re stuck indoors.
Between the rainy, cold weather and bouts of illness, my kids have had a lot of time indoors lately. Just so we don’t watch too much Dora the Explorer, sometimes my kids could use a few ideas for activities to jump-start their creativity.
These ideas require only a small amount of set-up time from me so the kids will happily play while I get a little time to work or read.
This is what’s keeping my kids busy playing this month:
1. Pitch a tent and serve dinner outside.
2. Make a pile with all of the pillows and blankets in the house and then jump in them.
3. Make roads for matchbox cars with masking tape.
4. Make popcorn.
5. Dress up in mommy’s clothes. Try on her scarves and clomp around the house while wearing her boots.
6. Make a fort.
7. Invite all the stuffed animal friends to a tea party.
8. Put your kids in the bathtub with a can of shaving cream to play with. Rinse them afterwards, and you’ll have clean, sweet-smelling kids.
9. Play hide and seek.
10. Do the laundry. (I know I’m not the only mom whose kids are fascinated by clothes tumbling in the dryer.)
What fun activities will keep your little kids playing for hours?